Deadlines: Winter Semester: 01.07.2019
- Nomination & Application
- Residence Permit
- Health Insurance
- Arrival& Orientation
- Course Registration
INFORMATION NOMINATION & APPLICATION
- Application Form;
- Learning Agreement (ECTS catalogues) of particular faculties contain necessary innformation about the courses and study criteria);
- A photocopy of the Applicant’s Passport or ID (if EU member state citizen);
- A photocopy of insurance document;
- Confirmation of English language skills
Step-by-step application for Erasmus students
- STEP: Eligibility
There should be an Erasmus+ IIA Agreement between your home university and KTO Karatay University.
- STEP: Nomination
When applying within a framework of an exchange agreement from a partner institution, you must be nominated by your home institution.
- Application form
- Learning Agreement
- Proof of English language proficiency*
- Passport photocopy (personal information page)
- Official ECTS transcript
- Step: Application
Please complete the application form and send us by e-mail together with the following documents. We do not accept regular mails.
- Transcript; Please obtain your recent transcript in English
- Learning Agreement; You should prepare your learning agreement, which describes the programme of your study abroad.
- Accommodation Form; As the accommodation facility in KTO Karatay University is limited, it is not guaranteed to arrange you stay at Konya before your application has been confirmed by KTO Karatay University Erasmus Office
- Acceptance Letter
We will then send your home university an “Acceptance Letter” by e-mail. You may also need this document for your visa purposes.
The application documents can send via e-mail. Our e-mail address : [email protected]
- You may or may not be required to obtain a Turkish “education/study” visa.
- If you are eligible for a touristic e-visa, you must enter Turkey (TR) with an e-visa.
- If you are exempt from visas to TR, you can travel with only a valid passport.
- If none of the above applies to you, you must apply for a visa at a consulate.
- You may also check the following link for visa information for foreigners: http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa
- Regardless, you must contact the nearest Turkish Embassy/Consulate to learn if you need to apply for a study visa.
A Residence Permit is an official document declaring registration at the Directorate General of Migration Management (Immigration Office). All foreign nationals must register with the Immigration Office within one month of entering Turkey in order to obtain a residence permit. The International Office will actively assist you with the necessary procedures. Please note that due to the high number of first-time applications, your appointment may not be scheduled before one month after the day of entry. This is not a concern, because it is sufficient to obtain an appointment within 30 days upon arrival to Turkey. Due to the high number of applications at the beginning of each semester, appointments may be given for 4-6 weeks after the beginning of each semester. Please forward your residence permit documents to the International Office once you arrive in Turkey so that we can make your official application.
Residence Permit Documents:
- Residence Permit Application Form
- Photocopy of passport
- Four (4) pcs biometric photos with white background
- Valid Health Insurance
- Address of residence in Turkey / Proof of Address
- Receipt of Residence Permit Card Fee Payment
- There is a residence permit card fee of 72 TL (for 2018) that is mandatory for all exchange students to pay.
- There may be a "Single Entry Visa Fee" issued for those of you who enter Turkey without applying for a student visa due to having a visa exemption or any other reason. The fee would be 458.70 TL (for 2018).
All exchange students must have valid health insurance coverage for the duration of their academic stay. If you obtain health insurance that is different from the options below, you may use it for medical care when in Turkey, however it will not be valid for the residence permit application.The following are the only types of health insurance that are valid to be used for the residence permit application:
- Option 1: Bilateral Social Security Agreements: E-signed/signed and stamped/sealed document to be obtained from provincial social security units which states that the foreigner is benefiting from the health services in Turkey within the scope of bilateral social security agreements. You will need to get signed approval from the office in Turkey.
- Option 2: E-signed/signed and stamped/sealed provision document received from the Social Security Institution in Turkey after registration (Provision documents to be received from Social Security Institution must be in such a manner that they must be both supportive and cover family members in family residence permits).
- Option 3: Private health insurance (The policy must have the expression of "This policy covers the minimum coverage stipulated in the circular no 9, dated 06/06/2014, on private health insurance required to be taken out for residence permit applications." Please present signed and stamped/sealed original of your insurance policy during application). Important Note: Private health insurances obtained abroad are valid only if the same is given out by the branches (agents) of those insurance companies within Turkey. If your private health insurance company does not have a branch in Turkey, you can obtain a different private health insurance from Turkey.
ARRIVAL & ORIENTATION
Please inform us about your arrival dates before 1 month, contact with your buddy who you will be informed later (after you are nominated to be Erasmus Incoming Student to KTO Karatay University) by Erasmus Office and visit the Erasmus Office after you have arrived to Konya.
KTO Karatay University residence halls offer a modern, comfortable, living environment as well as facilities and services to ensure an efficient study atmosphere. International students are given priority in housing assignments; however, students should not forget to send in their housing applications by the housing application deadline. School provide transportation between the campus/dormitories and city center locations. If you prefer to live on campus then please fill out, sign, scan, and e-mail the accommodation form to the International Office by the deadline specified in the welcome e-mail.
KTO Karatay University offers students accommodation opportunities in its guesthouses and dormitories. Click here to find more about Accommodation Options.
Click here to watch a promotional video about Konya.
ECTS CATALOGUE 2019/2020
Click here to find out faculty coordinators
Course registration takes place in the beginning of each semester and there is a two-week "Add/Drop period" when students can modify their course schedules. At the end of the Add/Drop period, exchange students are expected to finalize their schedules and update their learning agreements signed by both the home and host institution program coordinators.
As a rule, exchange students do not register for the courses on their own to the KTO Student Information System. The International Office will send you an informative e-mail regarding the course selections 1-2 weeks before semester starts. According to your selections, we will complete your registration by communicating with the Student Services on your behalf.
Students accepted to KTO Karatay University under the exchange agreements are considered Karatay students for the period of enrollment, and have the same rights and privileges as Karatay students while also being subject to academic and administrative rules as applied to Karatay students.
At the end of your exchange period, KTO will send your academic transcript that includes the courses you took during your stay at KTO to your home institution.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact the International Office by e-mailing us at [email protected] We look forward to welcoming you to KTO Karatay University!
Before leaving, you need to visit the Departmental Erasmus Coordinator and Erasmus Office to get your Confirmation of Stay Form.